Monday, April 1, 2013

A Favorite Old T-Shirt


I have a favorite old T-Shirt,
I've had it for a very long time,
It's been stained a lot of times,
But I really don't mind,
It has a lot of holes on it,
But I still wear it,
It's been worn out,
But I am at ease with it,
I am secured when it's on me,
If feels like home when I'm wearing it.
Today I wore my favorite old T-shirt,
Unluckily it got caught by a nail,
Sorrow has filled my heart when I saw it,
My old T-shirt got ripped apart,
I tried to sew it together,
But the stitches were too obvious,
It doesn't feel comfortable anymore,
I have foreseen this but I tried to ignore it,
I know I have to let go of it,
I took it off and laid it on my bed,
Tears started to fall as I folded it,
I look back and reminisce,
The memories and values it contains,
One last time I embraced it,
I whispered my farewell
and kissed my favorite old T-shirt goodbye.

No comments: