Sunday, June 8, 2008

Replace Plastic bags with reusable shopping bags!



“A pregnant woman was caught underneath a massive pile of garbage that almost killed her and her unborn baby” that’s what I saw on the telly the other day. I was so stunned when I have realized the reason why she got trapped; it was a clogged drainage that gave up, the rescuers found out that the drainage was jam-packed with plastic bags which were thrown by the residents. Startling no?

I’ve been a couch potato these past few weeks because of summer vacation, I saw Hollywood celebrities going green, trying to save the earth from ozone depletion. Then I remembered the plastic disaster that I saw, tsk tsk… I think people should realize that using plastic bags and improper disposal of it may cause a lot of dangers. I’ve tried to avoid using plastic bags by using the reusable shopping bag while going to the market. I then went to SM carrying my reusable plastic bag, I noticed that they were giving away green shopping bags, when it was my turn on the cashier; I asked the bagger if I could use my own “shopping bag” so that I won’t use the plastic bag he said to me “mam d po pwede yan. Dapat po yung green na shopping bag. Baka po kasi mapagkamalan kayo na shoplifter”… All I could do was drop a jaw… hahahah! I didn’t argue anymore. I wanted to say hello I have a receipt to show the guards noh? Hays… well anyway I just want you to be aware… did you know that more than 200million plastic bags have been used? Geez… some of them are burnt for disposal and that my friend destroys the ozone layer… oh my GAWD… I just wish I won’t be alive when the ozone is completely destroyed..



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: